The date for submissions for Diamonds Do Good®’s Project Bracelet has been extended to 23rd July, 2021. The unique initiative challenges designers from around the world to create a new signature bracelet that defines the organization.
Diamonds Do Good was founded in 2006 to tell the world about the positive impact of natural diamonds in Southern Africa. Its focus today is to create meaningful change in diamond communities around the world and to tell these meaningful stories. Working with sustainable materials and companies who are certified by the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC), participants will incorporate their interpretation of ‘Growth, Unity and Equality’ into their bracelet design.
The panel of reviewers who will choose the final design includes an esteemed group of industry leaders:
- Kecia Caffie: SVP, General Manager Piercing Pagoda
- Dr. Benjamin F. Chavis, Jr: President, National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA)
- Kim Crawford: VP Divisional Manager, Jewelry & Watches Macy’s
- Ayzia James: Branding, Digital Marketing Manager, Hamilton Jewelers
- Eddie Levian: CEO Le Vian
- Daniele Miele: Gem Gossip/Influencer
- Lola Oladunjoye: Designer, Lola Fenhirst
- Stellene Vollandes: Editor-in-Chief, Town & Country
The top three finalists will present their designs to the full panel of reviewers including how the design relates to the theme of ‘Growth, Unity and Equality’.
Among the benefits for the chosen designer includes $1,500 with their story and finished bracelets featured on the Diamonds Do Good site for donations to benefit the Flaviana Matata Foundation, the potential for the bracelets to be featured at Jared The Galleria of Jewelry and leading luxury independent jewellery and department stores across the United States, and have a Diamonds Do Good Scholarship Grant donated in their name.
Kimora Lee Simmons, original brand ambassador for Diamond Empowerment Fund in 2007 (now known as Diamonds Do Good) wearing the iconic green bracelet that symbolised the mission of the global non-profit. Photo courtesy Diamonds Do Good®