The high purity petalite pilot plant at ASX-listed Prospect Resources’ Arcadia lithium project remains on schedule and within budget.
This week, the company announced that approximately 70% of the EPC scope for the pilot plant is completed at its flagship project in Zimbabwe. The company remains on schedule to achieve the first shipment of high purity petalite by the end Q2 2021.
Planned progress in design, procurement, and construction of the Pilot Plant includes:
• 100% of flowsheet and detailed engineering design completed;
• 100% of procurement completed (Dense Media Separation (DMS) unit and crushing modules delivered);
• 90% of non-process infrastructure completed (laboratory and site accommodation);
• 75% of modular equipment pre-assembly and 25% factory acceptance tested for DMS and crushing modules;
• 75% of power supply completed (transformer and electrical reticulation)
• 75% of mining contractor mobilisation achieved; and
• 50% earthworks and civils completed.
Further key upcoming milestones expected this quarter include:
• Site power operational, mining blast and mining contractor mobilisation;
• Crushing circuit commissioning;
• DMS module commissioning;
• Commencement of production and transportation to port; and
• First shipment of high purity petalite product.
Prospect’s MD, Sam Hosack, said, ‘It’s pleasing to report the development of the Pilot Plant remains on time and on budget, with Prospect on target to ship high purity petalite by the end of June 2021.
“The Pilot Plan forms a critical part of our project development and market integration strategies and we look forward to providing key customers with high-value petalite products to complete their qualification requirements. Prospect is generating spodumene samples via an experienced third party laboratory, as downstream lithium chemical customers only require 2kg spodumene samples to qualify.”
Arcadia represents a globally significant hard rock lithium resource and is being rapidly developed by Prospect’s team, focusing on near-term production of high purity petalite and spodumene concentrates. Arcadia is one of the most advanced lithium projects globally, with a Definitive Feasibility Study, offtake partners secured and a clear pathway to production